At last, the event we have all been anticipating is almost here! With only two weeks left until the PICS 10th Annual Mega Job Fair & Business Expo 2017, you may be contemplating whether it’s worth your while to attend. Here are six reasons why you should definitely attend this signature event:
1. DISCOVER YOURSELF – With over 100 exhibitors at this event, you will get a chance to meet a wide variety of businesses all under one roof. From government organizations such as the RCMP to retail companies such as Lush Cosmetics, there will be all kinds of companies to meet your needs. Food service companies such as Subway and Taco Del Mar will also be attending. There will be representatives from a wide variety of sectors so you are sure to find an opportunity which is meant just for you!
2. SAVE TIME – Reduce the time it takes to apply to different jobs online/in-person and attend this job fair. With so many exhibitors under one roof and hiring/accepting resumes on the spot, it shouldn’t take you long to apply to various organizations. There are literally thousands of positons to be filled!
3. PLAN AHEAD – If you are a senior in high school or are just looking to move on to post-secondary education, do not fret! There will be private colleges such as Sternberg College and universities such as KPU participating so you can learn all about their different programs and application processes. And if you are a high school senior, this will take the pressure off you during the school year when it comes to applying to post-secondary institutions.
4. MAKE SOME EXTRA CASH – If you’re a student and swamped with assignments and exams, you will still need some sort of income, even if it’s just pocket money to feed your coffee addiction. Retail companies such as Lush Cosmetics, Ardene and Best Buy will be looking to fulfill their employment needs. There are also employers such as Tutor Doctor and Paladin Security seeking employees. These kinds of jobs are perfect for people just starting out in the workforce. They are also great for students as they often offer part-time employment as well.
5. RESTART YOUR CAREER – If you are midway through your profession and are looking to pursue a new career, there are many opportunities and new job paths to consider at the PICS 10th Annual Mega Job Fair. Plenty of companies are coming from sectors as diverse as retail, food, and transport industries. Furthermore, there are many public-sector employers such as the RCMP, BC Corrections, Canadian Armed Forces, and even the Canada Revenue Agency looking to hire.
6. MEET PEOPLE & ATTEND WORKSHOPS – Even if you’re not looking for a job, it’ll be a good experience to meet top companies, get free stuff or simply network. As for workshops, there will be companies presenting methods of networking, information on accounting certification, employment by CPABC and more!
By Parveen Virk and Peter Ki