The Active Career Advancement Project: Pathway to Possibilities (ACAP) is S.U.C.C.E.S.S.’ national pilot project providing free employment service to underutilized immigrants who are not able to access other employment programs.
ACAP offer integrated services to support:
- Underutilized immigrants to re-position themselves in alternative careers related to their expertise
- Employers to hire, develop and retain underutilized immigrants in alternative careers in their workforce
We offers holistic career development support to underutilized internationally trained professionals through group and individual work based on re-building hope, understanding available resources, empowerment, and taking concrete actions.
ACAP provides an overview of the transitioning process through workshops that focus on developing a better understanding of:
- Career advancement in a changing world
- Managing professional development
- Workplace culture
- Financial support subject to individual assessment
Coaching to meet your individual needs:
A career navigator will provide one-on-one support to:
- Create a personalized career action plan
- Transition to alternative careers
(Tailored for each individual)
- Immigrant who is either a Permanent Resident or Canadian Citizen
- Employed (more than 20 hrs/wk) in a job that underutilizes the education & expertise obtained in the country of origin.
- Possess English language proficiency sufficient to work in Canada (CLB 6)
- Not pursuing the credential accreditation process.
- Seeking alternative careers relevant to the trained profession