As the only polytechnic university in Canada, Kwantlen Polytechnic University offers students a unique blend of traditional academics, and hands-on, applied skills. KPU is a public, post-secondary institution offering degrees (bachelor’s and associate), diplomas, certificates and citations in over 120 programs across seven different areas of study—academic and career advancement, arts, business, design, health, science and horticulture, and trades and technology.
Almost 20,000 students annually attend courses at KPU campuses throughout Metro Vancouver located in Surrey, Langley, Richmond and Cloverdale.
Why Choose KPU
- Canada’s Only Polytechnic University – In a recent survey, 94% of students indicated that if they had to do it again, they would enroll at KPU
- Practical and Career Focused – hands-on practicums are built-in to many programs and some programs have paid co-op placements
- Wide Variety of Program Flexibility Options – over 120 diverse programs, with short term and part time options
- Teaching Focused University – small, supportive classes. A maximum of 35 students per class. We hire expert faculty with real-world experience in their field
- Student Support Services – we offer more than 30 student services like financial assistance and career services
- State-of-the-art Facilities – high-tech labs and studios give students access to equipment used in industry
- Preparation for the Work Force – 95.9% of our Bachelor graduates (291) who were surveyed in 2014 (2 years after graduation) are in the labour force
Areas of Expertise
KPU is home to many innovative and unique programs, often created and designed with input from industry professionals. New bachelor of science majors include sustainable agriculture, biology, health science, applied mathematics, and physics for modern technology. In addition, KPU now offers a diploma in brewing and brewery operations—one of only a handful of brewing programs that exist in Canada. KPU is also home to the Wilson School of Design where students can become leading designers in areas of fashion design, fashion marketing, graphic design for marketing, interior design, and product design.